"Space gun" noises intermittently

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

"Space gun" noises intermittently

Permanent link to this post Posted by PopTotte » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi! I am new to this.

When I play cassette tapes and listen to them via my computer and a bluetooth speaker in order to decide whether to digitalize them or just throw them away - I get these noises - from time to time - like "space guns" etc.

Where do they come from and how do I get rid of them?

The question is simple - I hope the answer is simple!

Thank You in advance for kind assistance!

Best regards

Torsten in Sweden :D
PopTotte

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: "Space gun" noises intermittently

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm

The answer probably isn't simple unless you can give us more information to go on.

What is your version number of Audacity? See the pink panel at the top of the page.

What equipment plays the cassettes (make and model number)? How is that equipment connected to the computer?

How are you making the cassette sound play through the computer - for example are you monitoring or recording in Audacity?

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows