Updated De-Clicker and new De-esser for speech

Share your Audacity/Nyquist plug-ins here, or test drive the latest plug-ins submitted by Audacity users.

After testing a plug-in from this forum, please post feedback for the plug-in author.

Re: Updated De-Clicker and new De-esser for speech

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:59 pm

steve wrote:
Gale Andrews wrote:I guess the issue is that Audacity does not check to see if the defaults actually changed and if so update the defaults.

It doesn't, and what's worse, it retains the default setting even if the plug-in is removed (either via the Plug-in manager, or physically removed).

A possible fix might be to unset the "initialized" token when a plug-in is removed, or 'missing'. This could allow the last used and custom presets to be retained in case the plug-in is added back later, but would force the defaults to be reinitialised. I've not yet worked out how to do that, but I'd say it's a 'bug'.

That seems like it could be a good solution. Given we store settings, it would seem unwise to default-discard them if the plugin is removed.

Plug-in Manager has no way to actually remove plugins, only to disable them, retaining their entry in pluginregistry.cfg. Possibly a "Remove" button could be considered with a Yes/No dialogue and a checkbox "Also delete plugin settings".

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by 1000Words » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:51 am

Hi All, Not sure if Paul L or MichloIW are still around, but I'm new to Audacity & in need of the De-Esser plugin. I downloaded the two links at the end of Paul L's post but when I try and open them I get this popup. When I go to "choose application" Audacity isn't even a choice. I have the same issue following the DeClicker plugin as well. Any advice? I am on a MacBook Pro with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 10.50.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 10.50.13 PM.png (69.13 KiB) Viewed 205 times
Last edited by steve on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put image inline to preserve board layout
1000Words

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Plug-ins that are named with ".ny" as the file extension, are "Nyquist" plug-ins. These plug-ins are unique to Audacity, and are simple "plain text" files that contain computer code written in a computer language called "Nyquist".

Instructions for installing Nyquist plug-ins are here:
Windows: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/inst ... st_install
Mac: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/inst ... st_install
Linux: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/inst ... st_install
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by 1000Words » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Thank you so much Steve!
1000Words

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Previous

Return to New Plug-Ins