ReplayGain

Share your Audacity/Nyquist plug-ins here, or test drive the latest plug-ins submitted by Audacity users.

After testing a plug-in from this forum, please post feedback for the plug-in author.

Re: ReplayGain

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:31 pm

The current version of Audacity is 2.1.2. You can get it here: http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Instructions for installing Nyquist plug-ins in Audacity 2.1.2 are here: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/effe ... st_effects
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by Simon_W » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 am

Hi Steve, I noticed an error message never seen before when using the ReplayGain plugin ... If I translate it to English it says "could not load settings below, will use standard settings" Then it shows the seting it can not load: time="10,0000000000"
Do you know the cause?
Simon_W

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

Simon_W wrote:Hi Steve, I noticed an error message never seen before when using the ReplayGain plugin ... If I translate it to English it says "could not load settings below, will use standard settings" Then it shows the seting it can not load: time="10,0000000000"
Do you know the cause?

It's a limitation of how Audacity registers effects.
Audacity uses two files to keep track of effects that have been installed: "pluginregistry.cfg" and "pluginsettings.cfg".
The type of issue that you describe most often occurs after an effect has been updated, though there are other situations that can cause it. The "problem" is that there is a mismatch between the last recorded settings used by the effect, and the settings that are valid for the effect.

For example, when you use an effect, the settings are saved as the defaults for the next time that you use that effect. Let's say that you then update the effect and the new version has one less control than the old version. When you next try to use the effect, Audacity will try to restore the last used settings, but one of them is illegal because the control no longer exist. How Audacity copes with this situation (or any other mismatch between last used settings and "valid" settings), is to read the factory default settings from the plug-in (which can only be valid) and use those settings.

In most cases, this type of issue occurs once only, and then sorts itself out as soon as valid settings have been used with the effect.
In rare occasions when the problem persists, the solution is to delete the "pluginregistry.cfg" and "pluginsettings.cfg" files, which resets all effects.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by Simon_W » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 am

Ok thanks for the thorough reply Steve! Enjoying your plugin and using it frequently!
Simon_W

Permanent link to this post Posted by markwarner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 am

Just downloaded ReplayGain for Audacity. Placed the file in the Plug-In folder in Audacity, it shows in the Analyze section of Add/Remove Plug-ins... as enabled but does not show up in the drop-down section.

How can I make this plug-in usable?
markwarner

Previous

Return to New Plug-Ins