Can I use Nyquist prompt to do this?

I’m hoping someone can help, I am looking for a way to pulse a music track at a specific frequency, say 2hz.

It would either be pulsed on/off violently like a square wave, or better still have a very slight but rapid fade in/out on each pulse - so I guess to look like a square wave with slightly rounded corners. To listen to you would hear loud/nothing/loud/nothing pulsing at 2hz.

Can this be done with Nyquist?, and can anyone share the commands as I’m very new to all this…

Thanks,

Steve

or better still have a very slight but rapid fade

Switching is not an option. If you rapidly switch a sound track on and off it’s almost impossible to avoid clicks and pops at the transitions. I assume you’re interested in the show going on and off only, so switching is probably not an option.

Koz

Yes, clicking is definitely to be avoided, I hoped the slight rapid fade may help. If necessary something closer to a sine wave in appearance would do, I guess it would still sound like a pulse.

Do you think anything even close can be achieved with Nyquist in Audacity?

Thanks,

Steve

Do you think anything even close can be achieved with Nyquist in Audacity?

I have no idea. I wanted to catch you in the Project Requirement phase before you requested something unworkable.

Koz

Have you tried the Tremolo effect?
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tremolo.html

Thanks Steve, that does the job, much appreciated!