Idea for plugin unless it exists.

Using Nyquist scripts in Audacity.
Post and download new plug-ins.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Idea for plugin unless it exists.

Permanent link to this post Posted by link28469 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 am

I am looking for a plugin that will let me take two versions of the same song and get rid of unwanted noise. Some examples would be if I have two recordings of the exact same song, where the music in both is the exact same audio, with different vocal tracks (in this case I would want to use both copies of the song to isolate the noise that is the same between the two, hence the background track). Another example (this is the one I am working with) is if you have two or more versions of the exact same audio track, but it has already been mixed down with the video you have made, however you have made multiple videos with the song, so you want to use the multiple sources to try and isolate what you can from the audio that exists the same accross all sources. This is useful when you no longer have the original, but something is better than nothing. Kind of like a reverse noise removal. I know this would only be possible if you had the same track in each audio source, but it would be used to remove the sounds that are not present in ALL sources, and would keep the audio that is the same accross all sources.
link28469

Operating System: Please select

Re: Idea for plugin unless it exists.

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:04 am

It's a nice idea, but it would be extremely difficult to implement and probably too much for a Nyquist plug-in. Something like this would be more likely to be developed as a separate project from Audacity, as a stand alone program.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by link28469 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:59 pm

THat's a shame, but alright. What would you call something with this function, though?
link28469

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

I guess it could be described as a kind of audio "source separation" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_separation)
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by link28469 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Thank you
link28469

Return to Nyquist