Notepad saying "access is denied" when editing new plugins

Using Nyquist scripts in Audacity.
Post and download new plug-ins.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Notepad saying "access is denied" when editing new plugins

Permanent link to this post Posted by weldo5 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:35 am

When i'm trying to save plugins in the "plugins" folder, notepad will not allow new plugins to be saved in the plugins folder when im either creating or editing them.

Ive tried my AFSK plugin that me and Robert J. H. created together, I try to edit only a small percentage of it, I go to save it, Notepad gives me a pissy prompt saying "access is denied", meaning I cannot save ANY plugins in the plugins folder. I can try to prove it too.

Even stranger thing is I am the admin of the OS (being the crap windows 10, which I have provided towards you all ever since Ive registered on here), and have not even done crap to it ever since I got the new PC, its just not letting me save my plugins at all. It doesnt even allow me to replace the files I am trying to update. I want to know why Notepad keeps saying "access is denied", because this program is open source and allows the lisp architecture to be put into it. And yes, this version is for full support on windows 10, (2.1.7.) Ive even tried using Notepad++ and that has not worked either....
weldo5

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Notepad saying "access is denied" when editing new plugi

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Mon May 08, 2017 12:54 am

Just to split the problem in two, save the plugin to the desktop and then drag it to the plugins folder. Which half dies?

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Re: Notepad saying "access is denied" when editing new plugi

Permanent link to this post Posted by weldo5 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:36 am

good thing you pointed that out to me. The only half that does "die", (in a weird sense) usually is not on the desktop anymore. just pasted with an example plugin (copied from the original AFSK file). I think it was fixed now.... If its not then ill send some pics.
weldo5

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Nyquist