plugin Sample Data Import [CLOSED]

Hello.
I use Audacity 2.1.1 under Windows 8.
I try to use the plug-in “Sample Data Import”. It does not work.
I think that it is necessary to note very exactly the address of the file where is stored the file “sample-data.txt”.
My question is the following one: can he have spaces in the name of a file there?
For example: C:/Users/…(my name)… /Documents/Mes travaux personnels/Audacity/sample-data.txt
And not /Mestravauxpersonnels/

Thank you for the piece of information.

In what way? What happens? Presumably you added the space at the end of the ;control line and you see the text box to add the file name?

Did you read https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/importing-text-as-audio-exporting-audio-as-text/21905/17 and the following posts carefully about the limitations of the plugin such as

Sample Data Export can export data in a format that is compatible with this “Import” plug-in using a mono track and:

Measurement Scale: Linear
File data format: Sample List (txt)
Include header information: None

You can have spaces on Windows, at least. And backslashes as the file separator work on Windows, if you enter them in the text box.

Please press the Debug button in the plugin and post that output, as you would when troubleshooting any Nyquist plugin.

Gale

Hello.
Thank you for your answer.
I verified:
_ i try to import in a mono track.
_ When I exported a .txt file in “Sample Data Export” I selected “to linear” at the level of the option “Measurement scale”. I have selected “Sample list (txt)” also.
_ I edited this file to delete the header.
_ When I try to import this file in a track mono I write:(C:\Users\… (my name)…\… \sample-data.txt") or (s-read “C:\Users\… (my name)…\ … \sample-data.txt”)Nothing takes place in Audacity.
If I click "deboger ", the message is:

error: bad argument type - NIL
Function: #<Subr-CLOSE: #d7fc720>
Arguments:
  NIL
Function: #<FSubr-LET: #d7f99e0>
Arguments:
  (RESULT)
  (SETQ FP (OPEN FILE :DIRECTION :INPUT))
  (DO ((VAL (READ-LINE FP) (READ-LINE FP))) ((NOT VAL)) (SETQ VAL (READ (MAKE-STRING-INPUT-STREAM VAL))) (SETF RESULT (PUSH VAL RESULT)))
  (CLOSE FP)
  (REVERSE RESULT)
Function: #<Closure-GET-DATA: #d7f8fb0>
Function: #<FSubr-SETQ: #d7ff170>
Arguments:
  MYLIST
  (GET-DATA)
1> error: unbound variable - MYLIST
if continued: try evaluating symbol again
Arguments:
  LEN
  (LENGTH MYLIST)
Function: #<Subr-CLOSE: #d7fc720>
Arguments:
  NIL
Function: #<FSubr-LET: #d7f99e0>
Arguments:
  (RESULT)
  (SETQ FP (OPEN FILE :DIRECTION :INPUT))
  (DO ((VAL (READ-LINE FP) (READ-LINE FP))) ((NOT VAL)) (SETQ VAL (READ (MAKE-STRING-INPUT-STREAM VAL))) (SETF RESULT (PUSH VAL RESULT)))
  (CLOSE FP)
  (REVERSE RESULT)
Function: #<Closure-GET-DATA: #d7f8fb0>
Arguments:
  MYLIST
  (GET-DATA)
2> #<Object: #d7f8d20>
2> #<Object: #d7f8d20>
2> SOUND-FROM-TEXT
2> #<Sound: #52e9b48>
2> 1>

That error looks like the file cannot be found.

Are you using Generate > Sample Data Import… ? Then all you have to do is type the path in the text box, without the need for escaped backslashes.

Gale

Thank you for your help.
It does not still work.
My question is the following one: is it necessary to place at the beginning, and at the end of the path of the file “sample-data.txt” , quotation marks (")?
For exemple: “C: Users… (my name)…DocumentsMes travaux personnelsAudacitysample-data.txt”

Are you running Sample Data Import from the Generate Menu or trying to use it in the Nyquist Prompt?

All I need to do is enter the path without quotes in the “Input file:” text box, even if the file name contains a space. Examples:

C:\Users\gale\sample data1.txt

C:\Users\gale\Documents\sample data1.txt

If you don’t have permission to read the file or the folder concerned, then it will fail.

Gale

Hello.
Under Windows 8, it is necessary to write the path with slashes.
For exemple:
C:/Users/… (my name)… /Documents/Mes travaux personnels/Audacity/sample-data1.txt
The problem is solved.
Thank you.