i'm trying to do postive harmonic's by words and numbers

Using Nyquist scripts in Audacity.
Post and download new plug-ins.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: i'm trying to do postive harmonic's by words and numbers

Permanent link to this post Posted by yugioh47 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:22 pm

does nseosc mean something like love harmonic? and were would i put this 852 hz for the harmonic? what does nesec mean?
yugioh47

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Robert J. H. » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:10 am

yugioh47 wrote:does nseosc mean something like love harmonic? ...

It's perhaps the built-in function 'siosc':
Code: Select all
LISP-syntax for this Function (272/358):
(SIOSC PITCH MODULATION BREAKPOINTS)
Category: Oscillators, as found in :  Nyquist.Lsp

Description:
Returns a sound constructed by interpolating through a succession of periodic waveforms. The frequency is given (in half steps) by pitch to which a modulation signal (in hz) is added, exactly as in fmosc. The tables specify a list of waveforms as follows: (table0 time1 table2 ... timeN tableN), where each table is a sound representing one period. Each time is a time interval measured from the starting time. The time is scaled by the nominal duration (computed using (local-to-global (get-sustain))) to get the actual time. Note that this implies linear stretching rather than continuous timewarping of the interpolation or the breakpoints. The waveform is table0 at the starting time, table1 after time1 (scaled as described), and so on. The duration and logical stop time is given by modulation. If modulation is shorter than timeN, then the full sequence of waveforms is not used. If modulation is longer than timeN, tableN is used after timeN without further interpolation.

However, I don't see how it should refer to the building up of harmonics.
I t does basically blend from one wave-form to another. Thus you can start with a sine tone and then gradually change it into a saw-tooth.
Those wave-forms can be that simple or even short sounds (from e.g. a file), but not longer than 100000 samples per table entry.
Robert J. H.

Operating System: Windows 7

Permanent link to this post Posted by yugioh47 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:10 pm

ok here is one that works this is modified harmonic enhancer that i've modified. tell me what you think.
Attachments
Enhancer.ny
this a modified harmonic enhancer.
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
yugioh47

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 pm

OK, so the harmonic enhancer works, and you have added 4 new controls. Do you want those controls to do something?
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by yugioh47 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:45 pm

steve wrote:OK, so the harmonic enhancer works, and you have added 4 new controls. Do you want those controls to do something?

well i would have think about it. anyway's i've add another control to this one which joy.
Attachments
Enhancer.ny
modified harmonic enhancer.
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
yugioh47

Permanent link to this post Posted by yugioh47 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:11 pm

well steve i thought about it and i thought it over well. i want those controls to add the musical note.and magnitudes .
yugioh47

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:41 pm

yugioh47 wrote: i want those controls to add the musical note.and magnitudes .

You will need to be more specific. A computer has no idea what you mean by "fundamental", "Love", "tranquility" and "light".
The Nyquist language does understand such things as "a sine wave oscillator with a frequency of 1000 Hz and amplitude 0.5" because that is fully defined. "Tranquility" is not a defined property or function, so to write a program that has a parameter called "tranquility", you have to define precisely what that means.
steve
Site Admin

Permanent link to this post Posted by yugioh47 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:33 pm

steve wrote:
yugioh47 wrote: i want those controls to add the musical note.and magnitudes .

You will need to be more specific. A computer has no idea what you mean by "fundamental", "Love", "tranquility" and "light".
The Nyquist language does understand such things as "a sine wave oscillator with a frequency of 1000 Hz and amplitude 0.5" because that is fully defined. "Tranquility" is not a defined property or function, so to write a program that has a parameter called "tranquility", you have to define precisely what that means.

well ok!.

this is my first time writing a program for it, i'll the best that i can to specify.

how about it in Herz to Magnitude? i want also to apply the herz to magnitude to apply the magnitude like say 12 herz by which i know is tranquility. so do 12 Hz to magnitude to apply the pitch also. that's the best i can come up with right now. also i looked up the frequency's online i have got those if need more info on that.
yugioh47

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Sorry, I don't think that I can help you because I don't understand what you are talking about. Perhaps someone else will be able to assist.
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Nyquist