AFSK generator?

Using Nyquist scripts in Audacity.
Post and download new plug-ins.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: AFSK generator?

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Robert J. H. wrote:Currently, my output creation is floored since I use 'seqrep'.
It seems to me that Nyquist has some memory leak there. I had a stack-overflow error once

If I recall correctly, seqrep is recursive, so not suitable for a very large number of repeats (stack-overflow).
I don't recall how big Nyquist's stack is, but it's not very big.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Permanent link to this post Posted by weldo5 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks so much guys. Once again im sorry for being problematic, I just didnt know what to say towards those functions. I shouldve studied it a bit better for myself, the problem is with researching this stuff a lot of others like to explain it how they want, not having one technical definition. And, I didnt even know nyquist supported all this stuff. Going to have to research it a bit better too.
weldo5

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Robert J. H. » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:32 pm

steve wrote:
Robert J. H. wrote:Currently, my output creation is floored since I use 'seqrep'.
It seems to me that Nyquist has some memory leak there. I had a stack-overflow error once

If I recall correctly, seqrep is recursive, so not suitable for a very large number of repeats (stack-overflow).
I don't recall how big Nyquist's stack is, but it's not very big.

Yes, this may well be.
However, I wonder why this isn't cleaned up properly.
- The stack overflow happened somewhat randomly, i.e. the same code/audio length worked previously fine.
- Calling another plug-in caused the same error to appear and only a new start solved the problem.
However, I've not run into the problem again, so who knows...

Another issue is that my code (in the prompt) could e.g. generate 1 s audio but the selection (after returning to Audacity/track view) doesn't extend to the whole length but does rather take the former audio duration.
I must see if I can reproduce this bug with some simple code.

Robert
Robert J. H.

Operating System: Windows 7

Previous

Return to Nyquist