Nyquist Plugin: Hammerhead Mod Plugin

<>

I’ve not had chance to look at your plug-in yet, though it sounds interesting (I used Hammerhead some years ago but didn’t get as far as editing the sounds).

It’s not totally obvious, but the convention in Audacity for plug-ins that produce labels is to make them “Analyze” plug-ins.

Generate plug-ins > generate sounds - if there is no track selected, it will create one.
Effect plug-ins > process existing sounds - requires that there is a selection
Analyze plug-ins > produce data - requires that there is a selection, but do not return a sound to the selection.

Now that I’ve had time to look at your plug-in I think that making it a “Generate” plug-in is probably the best option. I imagine that it is quite useful to be able to “generate” the template without needing to select a track first.

The required format for a list (and other useful information) is described here: http://www.audacity-forum.de/download/edgar/nyquist/nyquist-doc/devel/audacity-nyquist-en.htm#return

By the way, congratulations on creating a working plug-in :slight_smile:

The code could be simplified quite a lot, and thus made a lot more efficient, by simply creating a list of lists like this

(list 
   (list 0.000000 "bank 01 (0.000000)")
   (list 0.292990 "bank 02 (0.292990)")
   (list 0.486005 "bank 03 (0.486005)")
   ...)

Attached is the full code using this method.
HH-banktemplate.ny (1.23 KB)

<>

<>