My forum post does not appear

Suggestions and Questions About the Forum Web Site.

ImagePost here only if the Forum isn't working as you would like or expect.

If you require help using Audacity, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

My forum post does not appear

Permanent link to this post Posted by e_a_g_l_e_p_i » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:32 pm

I just installed audacity 2.1.2 and registered and activated my account but it seems that when I try to post it is locked, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Last edited by steve on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split to new topic and given relevant title
e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: My forum post does not appear

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Topic split and given a relevant title.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i wrote:I just installed audacity 2.1.2 and registered and activated my account but it seems that when I try to post it is locked, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

In order to prevent the forum being flooded by spam, posts from new users are placed into a "moderation queue". One of the forum moderators will then "approve" the post and it will appear on the forum (assuming that you are not selling male enhancing products, fake passports or other spam).
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by jasongnome » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:00 pm

How many posts do you need to make to be taken off this?

It doesn't exactly encourage posting when things don't appear until days after you post it.
jasongnome

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:06 pm

jasongnome wrote:How many posts do you need to make to be taken off this?

Obviously we are not going to tell you that.

Also if a user's posts appear rude and argumentative, that user might remain on moderation permanently even if they were not spamming items for sale.

jasongnome wrote:It doesn't exactly encourage posting when things don't appear until days after you post it.

That does not happen here. A genuine post would usually be approved within 16 hours, and normally it is only a few hours.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:18 pm

e_a_g_l_e_p_i wrote:I just installed audacity 2.1.2 and registered and activated my account but it seems that when I try to post it is locked, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

You have no posts in the moderation queue.

If someone posts a question and that user's problem is solved, then we mark the topic [SOLVED] and lock it, preventing further replies. This is so that we don't get another user replying saying they have the "same problem". Users usually do not have exactly the same problem and are almost certainly using a different machine, different audio devices and may be on a different operating system. Not allowing a user to post to that locked topic keeps the answer clean and simple for others reading it.

When you have a question, just go to http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewforum.php?f=46 and press the NEW TOPIC button top left to post your question. Tell us what version of Audacity you have. Then we can give you an answer targeted to your actual question and computer/audio devices.

Gale
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by jasongnome » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Sorry if I appeared a bit short. I'm in the recovery phase of a nasty bout of 'flu, it wasn't intentional.

I only asked because a post I thought I'd made days ago was approved today. However, looking at the time stamp, I made the post yesterday! That's probably the effects of the 'flu too.
jasongnome

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm

jasongnome wrote:Sorry if I appeared a bit short. I'm in the recovery phase of a nasty bout of 'flu, it wasn't intentional.

I only asked because a post I thought I'd made days ago was approved today. However, looking at the time stamp, I made the post yesterday! That's probably the effects of the 'flu too.

No problem.

Gale
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Return to Maintaining / Improving this Forum