Why do new topics have to be approved?

I just came for a bit of help but now I have to wait hours for a mod to approve and then wait for somebody else to help me. No other forum does this, absolutely ridiculous.

Implementing a moderation queue for newly registered users was a measure that we reluctantly introduced due to the enormous amount of spam that was being posted. The moderators were previously spending more time deleting spam than anything else and there was a risk that the forum could be rendered unusable. We feel that it is in the best interest of all our users to keep this as a safe and useful corner of cyberspace.

and you are now waiting for me to respond to this post before I get round to your real question.

Popular forums that don’t moderate posts from new users are invariably flooded with spam.
Even a small forum with no users will become filled with spam over a remarkably short period of time unless effective steps are taken to deal with the problem. Audacity has tens of millions of users world wide, which makes this forum a significant target for spammers.

Audacity is free software. Support is provided by a team of dedicated volunteers and the wider Audacity community. We very much encourage all Audacity users to contribute to the forum and help other users where they can.

We are proud of the fact that even though Audacity is free, we provide a level of support, via the forum and the documentation, that is better than many commercial software companies. We aim to respond to all forum enquiries within 24 hours, and usually much quicker. Currently we are a bit short staffed on the forum as some of the most helpful contributors are currently tied up with preparing for the next release of Audacity which is due out in a few days.

Also, please note that as an international forum, the moderators are spread across the globe in multiple time zones. Even the forum moderators need to sleep, eat, perform household chores, and earn a living. If you wish to help with the development or support of Audacity, please see here: Redirecting to: https://support.audacityteam.org/community/contributing and here: http://audacityteam.org/donate/

Ironically, it has been around 7 months since your post here was replied to, and there has still been no response from you in that topic.

A spammer with a sense of humour?
I think this answers the question.

Posted by panajrajpk » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:21 am
I am also facing this problem.

day picnic around delhi

(Link redirected to harmless location)

Old topic locked.