What is the length of the probation or incubation period?

Hi,

Is there a post threshold (number of posts entered), or time limit (days or months being a member) or something else that changes a person’s status to being able to post without having it pass through the moderator, for approval, each time a post is submitted?

Is every post, submitted by every user moderated? In other words does every user have to wait until a post is approved?

I would think or assume that you folks that run this forum would need a fairly large full time staff, of many moderators, to moderate every single post that came into this forum.

Thanks

Moderation of posts from new forum members was introduced because we were getting literally hundreds of spam posts per day, even with a Captcha and e-mail verification. The forum was becoming unmanageable because of the selfish greed of a few scumbags and damaging the experience for all of the genuine users. Reluctantly we introduced post moderation for all new members. I’m sure that you’ll understand that as this is an anti-spam security measure I’d rather not publish details of exactly how it works. Since introducing these measures the spam has dropped to a manageable level and we endeavour to keep this a pleasant and safe corner of cyberspace for all users.

I would think or assume that you folks that run this forum would need a fairly large full time staff, of many moderators, to moderate every single post that came into this forum.

On the contrary, it’s much easier now that we don’t have to catch them in real time. They wait for us to pick them off from a simple list.

Oh, look. Naked Asian Ladies. PaChew! Kitchen Design in Manchester. Bang! Increase your manhood. Blammo!

Moderators are spread over multiple time zones, so you rarely have to wait very long to get posted. Usually hours if not minutes. Our record is frequently very much better than the days and days you have to wait on other help forums.

Koz