Changing 'location' in user profile

My user info that is displayed on the forum shows “Location: Ubuntuland”. I want to change that but can’t find the option in the UCP - I went through every one. Maybe I missed it or maybe it’s no longer available. So how can I change or get rid of it as I’m about to dump Ubuntu for Debian Squeeze.

Only “Occupation” and “Interests” can be added or edited in UCP due to the use of UCP fields by spammers. Any other changes to your profile will have to be approved by Senior Forum Staff or an Administrator.

As you had a previous entry for “Location”, I changed it to “The Land of Debian Squeeze”.

Thanks

Gale

Thanks for the explanation of why the ‘location’ option went bye-bye and for changing mine. Unfortunately, it’s a little misleading as it hasn’t happened yet!

Shall I then change it to “soon-to-be-debianland”? Or whatever you might feel more appropriate… :wink:

I wouldn’t have bothered the mods but since you offered . . .

Maybe just “linuxland”? That would leave my distro options open.

Many thanks.

Done!

Though I hope you stick to Debian :wink:

Or you might want to try out the new upcoming Canterbury Distribution on a merging effort from Debian, Gentoo, Grml, openSUSE and Arch Linux

You can read more about it at debian’s, opensuse’s or arch’s webpages :slight_smile: But hurry! Or you might miss it :stuck_out_tongue:

For those only reading this tomorrow (April 2nd), here’s a quote:

The Canterbury Distribution

We are pleased to announce the birth of the Canterbury distribution. Canterbury is a merge of the efforts of the community distributions formerly known as Debian, Gentoo, Grml, openSUSE and Arch Linux.

The target is to produce a really unified effort and be able to stand up in a combined effort against proprietary operating systems, to show off that the Free Software community is actually able to work together for a common goal instead of creating more diversity.

Features

The Canterbury distribution will combine the best of the linux world to another game changer for the good of the users:

Simple as Arch - technologically simple and bleeding edge.
Stable as Debian - highly dependable.
Malleable as Gentoo - you get what you really want.
Live as Grml - readily usable.
Openminded as openSUSE - broad and welcoming for everyone.