Unable to Register

Suggestions and Questions About the Forum Web Site.

ImagePost here only if the Forum isn't working as you would like or expect.

If you require help using Audacity, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Unable to Register

Permanent link to this post Posted by busted-email » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Hello - I recently tried to register using a different username and email address but my activation email never arrived. I've turned off my SPAM filter on my mail server and re-sent my activation email several times but I'm still not receiving the activation email. I had to register using a different email address and username so I could log-in and post here for help.

My questions are:
- Can someone provide me with some insight into why the activation emails never made it to my original email address.
- Is it possible to have the email address changed on my original registration attempt so I can use that username instead?
- If this is not the proper place to post this, who should I contact?

Thanks in advance!
busted-email

Operating System: Please select

Re: Unable to Register

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:10 pm

This is the correct place to report problems such as this.

The forum recently migrated to a new server, so your post may have got lost during the transition.

I would suggest that you try registering again with the e-mail address that you want to use - if you still have a problem, log in with your current user name and send me a PM (click on the PM button below my name to the right of this post to send me a "Private Message" in which you can include the e-mail address that you want to use).
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Maintaining / Improving this Forum