Any chance we can lose the "Save" function on the forum

Suggestions and Questions About the Forum Web Site.

ImagePost here only if the Forum isn't working as you would like or expect.

If you require help using Audacity, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Any chance we can lose the "Save" function on the forum

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:57 pm

When replying to posts it is far too easy to hit the "Save" button by mistake - and like another poster I responded to recently, I've never figured How to retrieve the draft - so end up having to retype the reply.

Personally I think the "Save" function is a waste of space and would galdly see it removed.

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Any chance we can lose the "Save" function on the forum

Permanent link to this post Posted by alatham » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:58 pm

agreed.
alatham

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:11 am

waxcylinder wrote:When replying to posts it is far too easy to hit the "Save" button by mistake - and like another poster I responded to recently, I've never figured How to retrieve the draft - so end up having to retype the reply.

Personally I think the "Save" function is a waste of space and would galdly see it removed.

WC

Go to your user Control Panel top left of any Forum page, there is a tab "Manage Drafts" on the left then there are links "Load Draft" or "View/Edit" in the message itself. You can then edit and submit the post from there.

I told Buanzo the first time I saw Save/Preview/Submit that people would be clicking Save in error. He said he thought this was in the software shell itself so may be hard to change. I'll give him a nag to look into it if he has time. I think we should be able to save drafts but the "Save" button should be called "Save Draft" and "Submit" should be "Post" or "Submit Post".
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by buanzo » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:36 pm

galeandrews wrote:I told Buanzo the first time I saw Save/Preview/Submit that people would be clicking Save in error. He said he thought this was in the software shell itself so may be hard to change. I'll give him a nag to look into it if he has time. I think we should be able to save drafts but the "Save" button should be called "Save Draft" and "Submit" should be "Post" or "Submit Post".

Sorry, but your wrong. What I said, and I'll keep on repeating it, and I expect someone to LISTEN this time around, is that the forum software is BETA, and that no template or new features will be modified/added until phpBB releases the final stable version.

It's definitely NOT COMPLICATED to remove a simple button from a simple template file. But as that, and many other, areas are changing in the phpBB code, then I strongly suggest not to mess around with it.

And the choice of using thephpBB beta was discussed between Dominic and I when he hired me to do the Sys Admin job at the Audacity Project.
buanzo
Site Admin

Operating System: Please select

Permanent link to this post Posted by jotti » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:17 pm

I would agree to the suggestion. But if the button has to stay there, maybe the text could be changed to "Evil Save".
jotti

Operating System: Please select

Return to Maintaining / Improving this Forum