Submit your EQ Curves

Effects, Recipes, Interfacing with other software, etc.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: Submit your EQ Curves

Permanent link to this post Posted by BuckRocks001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Rock EQ Preset
This is a "Rock" EQ Setting based on EQ plugin settings from other cubase software. For those of you who are not sure how an EQ works or have misconceptions, here is a link that could help explain it. Enjoy!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/eq-explainer/
Attachments
Rock_EQ_Preset.XML
These settings are pretty high db, so for optimum shaping, always reduce frequency level first. \m/
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
BuckRocks001

Operating System: Please select

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks BuckRocks001.
There's a lot of detail (lots of defined points) in that EQ setting. How did you make it?
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by BuckRocks001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:14 pm

There was very little on the web concerning defined presets on a 31 band EQ... so I started digging through pictures and software and writing down Db setting for all the frequency bands I could find to come up with an average curve, then used my ear running many rock and metal mp3's through it to tweak it, including live and direct line-in recordings my band and I have done. Presets are a "catch 22" , but i feel this one will give the inexperienced user a good starting place. I plan on uploading more for different styles of music an optimizing them more in depth. m :lol: m/
BuckRocks001

Permanent link to this post Posted by Bruski » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:19 am

Rename File Extension from .TXT to .XML
Done...
Attachments
A-Jay - Copy.TXT
Bruski_EQ_Curve
(9.19 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Bruski

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks Bruski. The curve loads fine once the file extension has been changed.
Could you say something about that curve. Is it for a specific purpose? Are those the settings that work best with your speakers?
steve
Site Admin

Permanent link to this post Posted by Bruski » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:58 pm

steve wrote:Thanks Bruski. The curve loads fine once the file extension has been changed.
Could you say something about that curve. Is it for a specific purpose? Are those the settings that work best with your speakers?

Sorry, should've had a lil more specificity...
This is my my own Personal Favorite Settings for my Ibanez (Active PU) SR300 going straight into Audacity (via USB1/4" Jack). I believe it's the best "Clean" Bass Sound you're going to get to begin with.
Of course you can then always "Copy" Tracks & add a little more flavor w/some other "effects"...
I love this APP!!!!
Bruski

Permanent link to this post Posted by rovingcowboy » Thu May 21, 2015 8:52 pm

I'm sending the eq presets curves I created and use for all my records I add in to the computer. I use these sometimes also for adding the realism back in to the digital cd ripped files.
but these are what I've found needed by the different qualitys of the used records I buy to add in my jukebox. some of the records are so scratched they skip but we all know how to fix that.
it is the ones that are Omni scratched from extreme playing that we have need of eq presets since those have the groove walls worn down so much they barely have any sound. I use my normal one for that then if needed I use any one or multiply ones of my others. you all know to do the normalize after each eq adjustment but I've also used leveler and compression when needed. and some of those old hi fi Hammond organ albums are in need of compression some two or three times. but these presets do bring the freq's up out of the songs lost volume if they are still there.
Attachments
Keiths Eq presets.zip
these were made on a win 7 system
(21.49 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
rovingcowboy

Permanent link to this post Posted by rovingcowboy » Fri May 22, 2015 10:00 pm

I forgot to mention that the power hum removal one I made was for use with bass male voices that have a hard time getting rid of the power hum without destroying the vocals.. And the high treble cut looks more likea mid range cut but that was also for specific requirements such as songs where the bass is almost gone and theres a lot of treble and mid range. This will help in getting it back to work able levels then you can use the others you have to fix it more properly.
rovingcowboy

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu May 28, 2015 1:29 pm

This is a "high-pass" rumble filter designed for vocal recordings.
It can greatly assist in reducing rumbles, pops, and other low frequency noise with little if any affect on the sound of the voice.

If your microphone has a low frequency cut setting and you use a Pop filter then this filter will usually not be necessary.

LF_rolloff_for_speech.xml
Rumble filter for speech recordings
(299 Bytes) Downloaded 119 times
steve
Site Admin

Permanent link to this post Posted by elesser » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:07 am

Here's a EQ curve I made for removing Pre-Emphasis that was used on some older CDs. The values for this curve were sourced from here: http://audioxpress.com/files/galo3025.pdf
This allows for easy de-emphasis of CDs in relatively high ("ideal") resolution.
Attachments
CD De-Emph.XML
CD De-Emphasis EQ Curve
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
elesser

PreviousNext

Return to Audio Processing