Will Studio Soundproof Absorption Foam help audio

so i make youtube videos and my audio is not the best. I was wondering if i bought Soundproof Absorption Foam will it help my audio. I found some of Ebay at a good price and before i buy them i just want to ask will it really help my audio will it make a big difference. And how much should i buy do i need a lot to fill the room with the foam i was planning on buying 6 or 8 of them

here is the Ebay link to the foam if some of you guys are interested - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30X30X5CM-Studio-Acoustic-Foam-Sound-Absorption-Treatment-Panel-Tile-Wedge-Black/321894149101?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40802%26meid%3D6c05f81163e04db996083205a340cd04%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D272367576027

Also i record in a big room does that make the audio sound worse. Should i record in a smaller room.

Instead of working blind, could you post a short sound clip?

http://www.kozco.com/tech/audacity/TestClip/Record_A_Clip.html

If it’s a big enough room, you may be able to do well with microphone placement. One poster went back to her large, open-plan office after everybody went home and they turned off the air handlers. She recorded very well there.

Describe the setup and which microphone have you got? Sometimes, if it’s not important that it look perfect, you can do very well with furniture moving blankets rather than expensive, tiny foam panels.

Koz

I use the Blue Yeti microphone and here is my audio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrGiuyMuV_0
But does the foam really help

What changed your mind on the sound quality solution in this previous thread you started on the subject?.. I need help with my Audio

What is it you don’t like about your sound? This is a very subjective approach to solving your problem that can take forum contributors here down a rabbit hole.

Have you tried just experimenting with mic placement as Koz suggested? Step and repeat, adjust and try again till you settle on a sound you like.

Acoustic foam is a remedy for a problem you don’t have. (if you have noisy-neighbors, foam on the walls won’t help).

Let’s say no. The panels in your post are about a foot square and to take out a wall for sound interference, you have to cover it.

Note in the illustration, the whole wall behind the performer is either panels or heavy drapes.

I did it with moving blankets.

One of the posters did it with moving blankets and pushed-together PVC pipes from Home Depot (or equivalent).

Koz

I think you’re too close to the microphone. Your P sounds are popping. That’s not a room echo problem.

Didn’t you post this once already?

Koz

I was just thinking that will the foam really help me out. I see all these YouTube with these foam and i was wondering if it would help. I just want my voice to be more clear

I think you could improve the clarity by backing up a little. You are too close to the microphone and your breath sounds are causing muffling and dullness. Other elves will drop in and comment.

I don’t hear any significant echo or other room noises, so, no, I don’t think adding foam or any other soundproofing is going to help. In the case of the foam, you would have to cover the walls to do any good.

Koz

Just keep in mind the physics involved with how sound reaches the ears as it does with mics which involves the same sound mechanics of ventriloquism to car audio speaker design and placement.

High frequencies in the treble region between 3000 Hz to 9000 Hz and up reach the ear the fastest and loudest over the lower frequencies like room roar and background noise so it makes sense to move back from the mic to a point you can hear a difference between a ‘T’ sound from a ‘P’, ‘S’ from a ‘TH’, ‘B’ from a ‘D’, etc, etc. As long as the recording of your voice at any distance from the mic doesn’t clip the signal while at the same time make it clear for these sounds to be heard is the sweet spot of mic placement.

Talk comfortably as you would speaking to another person. Relax and don’t think about how it’s going to sound. You can always go back and try again to make adjustments with the mic, but it’s very difficult to force an unnatural volume upon your voice to compensate for poor mic placement. Besides you already have a British accent which makes for a good speaking voice for likeability which subconsciously make listeners more forgiving over minor sound quality issues.

Talk comfortably as you would speaking to another person.

My impression is of an authority figure presenting instructions and information, not discussing the weather over cups of tea. He’s not producing an audiobook. So it’s much more performance art and I still think he’s too close to the microphone. I can’t get rid of the breathing thumps in post production. I think that more than anything else is affecting the quality of presentation.

Koz

Speak like a salesman. They look and sound quite comfortable when they talk to me in person and over the phone. They never seem to tire from their animated speaking style. That’s what I meant. Anxiety over sounding good and being conscious of it has just as much influence on sound quality. Speak with confidence but be relaxed.

But yeah, I hear the breathing thumps as well so mic placement is the solution. It still puzzles me why something as simple as that isn’t being applied by the OP from the get go. There’s something he’s hearing that doesn’t sound right to him that he thinks mic placement which was advised in his other thread isn’t working for him. He’s just not describing what he likes and doesn’t like about what he gets from just mic placement adjusts.