Find silence and then extend it how??

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, please tell me if it isn’t.

I am a language user and it would be really helpful to be able to find silences in a podcast and extend the silence, to give me time to think about what I just heard. But not manually!
Can that be done with chains? Do I need to write a script? Does it already exist?

thanks
chibi

But not manually!

Automation generally works by automating a manual process. Can you do it manually? What steps do you need to do to get there? Is there any way to do it without being human?

What I mean is, do you have to know language content to find the pauses? If the pauses are almost zero, or if they’re the same length as other parts of the show, you’re stuck. There’s no way to automate that.

This is the same problem that vinyl transfer people have. How to detect the “silent” grooves between the songs. It’s not unusual to just give up and do it by hand, because you know content. What’s music, what a beginning and end are and what’s noise.

There are tools to hack up dialog into matching segments. Put a pause every fifteen seconds and don’t pay any attention to the content.

Koz

Ho! You’re right! I’m trying to find minute pauses in speech and even just fading out before the next phrase and Silence Finder can’t find something so subtle. :frowning:

Thanks for your help.

Try Steve’s ExtendSilence plugin … Extend Silences