I recorded at the same time 4 mono signals (more than 30 minutes), and when recording, audacity crashed.
I had an empty .aup file, and hundreds 1MB .au file whis strange names.
This help did not work for me:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/reco ... ually.html
Tryng Append import, it was totally hazard, so I had to order them before.
1. I ordered them by date.
2. I used Konkeror for massively rename them starting by Audio1000 (if starting by 1, I had problems later)
3. After that, I had 4 files with the same datation, another 4 files created a few seconds later, and so on.
I tried to import them, but it was crazy, so many files. If I used theappend import pluging, I had several seconds for each channel. So I need split each channel before.
For that I programmed next script using python (sorry it is in spanish):
- Code: Select all
for nombre_archivo in lista_archivos:
After that, I could use Append import, and importing just 000*files without problems.
Of course, perhaps there is another easy way for doing the same, but it worked for me. Perhaps instead append import, one everything was splitted I could have used this shell script (https://gist.github.com/mef/2c90295920dc66f669a6) but, it seems to work fine with mono files.