DLL libraries for basic functions

Hi, there.
I would like to ask you for help with my own program I’m creating for personal use. It’s a bit complicated, so please be patient with me, I’m a foreigner.

I’m a skilled programmer. I really, really am. But I’m not used to C++ or any other programming language.

And I’m NOT using visual editors either. Those things are unwieldy.

I’m using special kind of “EXE maker” where you manually compile algorithms in trees. I know it’s hard to imagine, but just believe me that it’s very genius way, more transparent than writing. I would even call it a new generation of programming if the project wouldn’t end in 2012 (it was forgotten because of its childish look).

To get to the point, this program called Peter, is in current and latest version 2.50 unable to effectivelly edit sounds. Fortunately, it can easily load functions from DLL, so there is still a way.

Audacity is great program with open source code, so it should be possible to borrow some functions from it, but as I said, I’m unable to do it myself.

I’m interested in:

• cutting exact part of a wav variable
  • cross fade out of the whole wav variable

That’s all. If I get this DLL library or some information how to obtain in, I would be very happy. :smiley:

Audacity doesn’t work like that. To be able to use parts of the Audacity code in another application, you will need to be able to use C++.
The source code for Audacity is here: https://github.com/audacity/audacity