Cleaning noise after I recorded with recorder

I didn’t know I could record a phone call when I needed to with audacity so I recorded the call with a Sony recorder. There is a lot of noise in the background. I used my google voice phone number for this call. How can I clean up the noise with audacity where the call is saved?

There is a lot of noise in the background

What kind of noise? Audacity Noise Reduction only works with noises that don’t change like computer fan noises, air conditioner noise, or microphone hum. It doesn’t work with noises that change like traffic or crowd noises.

Can you understand both sides of the conversation? If you can’t, then we have no good solutions for you. Audacity doesn’t do very good forensic rescues. We can’t “pull a voice” out of a ton of trash.

How were you physically placing the call and which Sony recorder where you using?

I have two Olympus recorders that will support a TP-7 or TP-8 microphone for recording telephone conversations. Recording telephone conversations is difficult.

I didn’t know I could record a phone call when I needed to with audacity

You probably can’t. Audacity doesn’t work well with other communications, conferencing, and telephone applications. Any time there are two applications trying to manage sound at the same time, Audacity falls apart.

Koz