Pitch Shifting with changing the temp/speed

when I use Audacity Pitch Shifting with changing the temp/speed, it seem to work really well.
but I tried to code one of my know, but IDk why minez is not working like Audacity is. are you doing some different ?
My program make it know files, so I use that same file on both Audcity Pitch Shifting with changing the temp/speed and minez , but IDk my do not work like yours do.

so I have a white, brown, and pink noise generators and i want to shift the pitch up by one octave (12 semitones) from middle C, I need to sample 2 time as fast as I play the sounds correct ?
so in the c# code for my white noise generator I have it playing at 44100 Hz( the standard) but I am sampling the 88200 Hz so it would be this :
buffer[n] = Amplitude * (2 * rnd1.NextDouble() - 1) * Math.Sin(Math.PI * Frequency * n2 / 88200D);
and this should work right ? I have it set to 2 channels and 44100 Hz but I am sampling at 88200 Hz;
so it should move up one Octave from middle C, without changing the speed is this correct ? and if I were to sample at 22050Hz I would be move down one octave from middle C?

ok i did this test with mine. I removes the noise part and just play a normal sine wave so this:
buffer[n]= (float)(Amplitude * Math.Sin(Math.PI * Frequency * n1 / 88200D));
I set my wave file sampling rate to 44100Hz and channel to 2. so I am sampling 2 times faster and I am playing and it seem to be working : middle C (C4) = 261.6 Hz C3 = 130.8 Hz I played 261.6Hz and I got back 129.199 Hz that is really close. C6 = 1047 Hz i played 1047 Hz and I got back 522.180 Hz C5 = 523.3 Hz also very close G4 = 392.0 Hz G3 = 196.0 hz I played 392.0Hz and I got back 193.7988Hz
that is is off more than the others , but still close right? what do you think? oh I used another program i make to do the listening and that it how I know what Frequency i am getting back .

ok it did not work when I added the white noise part. I have tried both : temp3[n] = (Amplitude * Math.Sin(Math.PI * (2 * rnd1.NextDouble() - 1) * n2 / 264600));
and temp3[n] = (Amplitude*(2 * rnd1.NextDouble() - 1) * Math.Sin(Math.PI * Frequency * n2 / 264600));
and I have change 264600Hz to everything I could think of… and it does not work… why? what does Audacity’s change Pitch without changing tempo effect does that my does not?

Please use English words, it makes it much easier to read :wink:

Resampling will change both the pitch and the speed - in effect you are just playing the audio faster or slower.

In the “Change Pitch” effect, Audacity performs “time stretching” using the SoundTouch library.
You can find some information here: Missing features - Audacity Support
For further details about SoundTouch, please see here: SoundTouch Sound Processing Library