possible to batch edit 17,000 slightly different .mp3 files?

Anything you think is missing, or needs enhancement, goes here.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: possible to batch edit 17,000 slightly different .mp3 fi

Permanent link to this post Posted by Edgar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:32 pm

This is my custom effect:
trim.png
trim.png (33.55 KiB) Viewed 110 times

this is my custom Preferences:
prefs.png
prefs.png (67.78 KiB) Viewed 110 times
-Edgar
compiling Audacity daily
64-bit Windows 7
Edgar
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 7

Permanent link to this post Posted by aud-dude » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:15 pm

You all are amazing. Forgive my delayed reply, please. I've hit a few walls (outside of this project). In this project, though, we're not even figuring out how to run Macros in the Mac version. Screenshots we're finding seem to correlate to other versions.
aud-dude

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:47 am

aud-dude wrote: ... we're not even figuring out how to run Macros in the Mac version. Screenshots we're finding seem to correlate to other versions.

The images on these pages should be reasonably up to date - they're certainly not old 2.2.2 and earlier Chains images:
https://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Manage_Macros
https://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Apply_Macro

The examples page, however, is out of date: https://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/ma ... s_Examples
I'm not going to change that until I'm certain that the GUI dialogs for Macros have stabilized,

Once you have added that Macro I (and James) built for you earlier to the Macros folder and then restarted Audacity - then use File > Macros ... and you should see the Manage Macros dialog (as in the first link in this post),

You should see the new Macro in the list in the left box, click on it to highlight it. You will then see the Macro listed in the box on the right (just for information - you don't need to edit it or anything)

Then all you need to do is use either the Project or Files button to apply the Macro.

It may be simpler to start testing buy running it an open project first so you can see the result - just open Audacity import one of your files and apply the Macro as above.

Then if that works, and your happy with the result, create a test folder with 3 or 4 test files from your set - and try using the apply to Files.

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Previous

Return to Adding Features to Audacity