FFMPEG

Anything you think is missing, or needs enhancement, goes here.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

FFMPEG

Permanent link to this post Posted by blakovic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:19 pm

is there a way to use a newer FFMPEG? maybe 64bit?
I do import and export large audio files from my cam, around 5-6h lenght through FFMPEG and this is SLOOOOW as hell, the only working is v2.2.2 (32bit I guess?)
is there a chance to upgrade ffmpeg to newer or 64bit, maybe it would help me to speed up things
blakovic

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: FFMPEG

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Unfortunately, updates to FFmpeg frequently break compatibility with earlier versions, which then requires substantial work from the Audacity developers to fix, and means that everyone updating Audacity will also have to reinstall FFmpeg. Consequently, the Audacity developers are not keen on updating Audacity's FFmpeg very often.

One way round this problem is to use Audacity's command line export option. This should work for any version of FFmpeg: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/expo ... ogram.html
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by johnboh » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:06 am

hi, i wish to convert my mp4 video to wav or aiff format as specified by audacity

and later, i wish to use this video to be posted in udemy lectures

inorder to edit my video, audacity requires me to convert my mp4 video on my desktop file to wav or aiff file so as to remove the distortion sound found in my video

may i know how do i go about doing it
johnboh

Operating System: Windows 7

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:16 pm

johnboh wrote:hi, i wish to convert my mp4 video to wav or aiff format as specified by audacity

and later, i wish to use this video to be posted in udemy lectures

inorder to edit my video, audacity requires me to convert my mp4 video on my desktop file to wav or aiff file so as to remove the distortion sound found in my video

may i know how do i go about doing it

Audacity isn't a video editor, it's an audio editor. To edit a video you will need to use a video editor.

If you wish to edit the audio only part of the video and the place that audio back into the video:
1) In your video editor application, "export" the audio track as a WAV file.
2) Import the WAV file into Audacity, edit it as required, and export as a WAV file with a new and unique file name.
3) Import the edited file into your video editor application, and save (export) the modified video.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Adding Features to Audacity