Suggestion for Tap Code Generator

Hi guys,
I hope you are absolutely fine!
I make this post because I’ve been looking for some kind of tap code generator (more or less like the Morse Code plug-in) for Audacity or which can work outside it. But I have not found any yet…
For those who don’t know Tap Code, is simply a 5x5 grid containing the letters “A” from “Z” (but removing just a letter so that the alphabet can fit) then you just knock a wall, a cell or a pipe indicating the coordinates for the letter you want to comunicate.
Then the square looks (or reads) like this:
a b c d e
f g h i j
l m n o p
q r s t u
v w x y z
We got ride of the letter “K” but it also depens on the sender.
So, “H” letter is something like the following:
Tap tap, pause, tap tap tap. Since the letter “H” is in the position 2,3. Second file, third row.
The only issue is regardin the pauses because it’s not so well documented anywhere although we could use musical timing like eights for consecutive tappings and fourths to separate one letter another. We could use simply clicks or nicer sounds like those from the rhythm track generator.
I would suggest to have one because this code, although very simple, results very fun.
I’m looking for something like this!
Thanks so much!
PS: I’m aware of there exists text to tap code converters, but those display the dots (like H=… …) not sounds.

Sounds like it could be an interesting project for someone interested in making Nyquist Plug-ins.

If you’re interested in making this as a Nyquist plug-in HummingBirdGuy, this post is probably a good place to start:
https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/suggestion-for-new-nyquist-plug-in-morse-code-generator/42301/3

What?
Ok… As the others I’m not that good at programming in computers (In BGT, a gaming language for the blind hardly I can attach strings and that’s a lot for not)
But since you’ve claimed that Nyquist is a relatively easy language to start up I’d have to check the documentation.
Thanks.

If you are a blind / VI user of Audacity, Robert Hänggi may be able to offer some tips. Robert is a regular contributor to this forum and to the audacity4blind mailing list (he’s blind), and he’s very experienced in writing Nyquist plug-ins (he wrote the “Vocal Reduction and Isolation” effect among other things).