Audacity 2.2.0 alpha April 30th - skins

Anything you think is missing, or needs enhancement, goes here.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: Audacity 2.2.0 alpha April 30th - skins

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 am

steve wrote:Shortcuts for the development (alpha) version are subject to change: http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man ... _Reference

Yes, and I think that Keyboard Shortcut Reference page is going to be replaced with http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Commands. So I would look at that Commands page for using 2.2.0-alpha.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Tapehead » Sat May 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Thanks Gale, Steve, got it now with the underlinings, I was looking in the menu themselves for them. I must have tried every key with ALT except C :D

Gale Andrews wrote:I think an answer could be to allow any type of preset to have a shortcut bound to it, and possibly (for GUI effects) add those shortcuts as a row of buttons at the top of the effect.

Some vsts have 50+ presets.

Maybe I use Audacity effects in a different way to the majority?
I work on a lot of experimental stuff and click back and forth between presets in multiple vsts a until something takes my fancy, then tweak it from there.
Tapehead

Operating System: Please select

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sun May 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Tapehead wrote:
Gale Andrews wrote:I think an answer could be to allow any type of preset to have a shortcut bound to it, and possibly (for GUI effects) add those shortcuts as a row of buttons at the top of the effect.

Some vsts have 50+ presets.

Maybe I use Audacity effects in a different way to the majority?
I work on a lot of experimental stuff and click back and forth between presets in multiple vsts a until something takes my fancy, then tweak it from there.

I think over time most users would find favourite presets that they are more likely to choose. If we had the suggested feature you could add presets for those.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Previous

Return to Adding Features to Audacity