Issues with Forum

Anything you think is missing, or needs enhancement, goes here.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Issues with Forum

Permanent link to this post Posted by jcbrowser » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi,

I made a post earlier with regard to an enhancement for Audacity.
Steve (senior forum staff member) responded but the post is locked and I am unable to reply, even though I am registered and logged in.
I do not want to disclose the details of the enhancement through posts.
I would like to have a one on one meeting in order to sign a non disclosure document.
This enhancement will double and may even triple the use of Audacity.

Why does the main sight say the following:
"There is no technical support by email or telephone"
Although there is much information and documentation, support should be available to collaborate with staff.
Chat sessions would also be helpful.

I hope all could be addressed in order to improve the experience for all.

Thanks, :D
jcbrowser

Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Re: Issues with Forum

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:34 pm

That will have to go through a senior forum elf. Forum response can be pretty quick, certainly compared to other forums, but it does cover multiple time zones and a heavy request can take a while.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Re: Issues with Forum

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:52 pm

jcbrowser wrote:I do not want to disclose the details of the enhancement through posts.
I would like to have a one on one meeting in order to sign a non disclosure document.

Audacity is open source software, licensed under the terms of GPL v2. A guiding principles of GNU software is "to preserve, protect and promote the freedom to use, study, copy, modify, and redistribute computer software, and to defend the rights of Free Software users."
https://www.gnu.org/#mission-statement

Of course there are some matters that need to remain confidential, but as a general rule we conduct discussions openly on public mailing lists or other public forums (including this forum).

jcbrowser wrote:Why does the main sight say the following:
"There is no technical support by email or telephone"

Because we do not provide technical support by email or telephone. Audacity is developed and supported primarily by a small team of volunteers in our spare time. We are not a big corporation with staff, offices, call centers and executive officers.

Perhaps you could briefly outline what it is that you wish to talk to us about, then if there is a more appropriate place for a dialogue then we can point you in the right direction. Please note that we get many advertising and monetization offers, about which you can find information on the Audacity website: http://www.audacityteam.org/contact/adv ... rtunities/
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Return to Adding Features to Audacity