Slim down the Click Track interface

Anything you think is missing, or needs enhancement, goes here.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: Slim down the Click Track interface

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Can I archive this (or even delete it) now that we have Steve's new Rhythm Track generator :?:

Peter
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Steve wants this BUMPed, writing:

> It will serve as a reminder for me to do "phase 2" (add a bit more to "Rhythm Track" and make a slimmed down "Click Track").
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue May 02, 2017 4:21 pm

From archival memory, the objection I had to the original click track was it wasn't a click track. I needed a actual, simple click track and it was a career move trying to sort how it worked.

What's wrong with this picture?

Once a Rhythm Track is designed and produced, whole worlds open up. Select your drum or drum suite? No problem!

I'm happy with Generate > Click Track.
tick tick tick poop
tick tick tick poop

etc.

We are working up to a slightly more comprehensive version of the triangular box with swinging weight.

Buddy Rich is a different Generate Menu.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue May 02, 2017 6:12 pm

kozikowski wrote:From archival memory, the objection I had to the original click track was it wasn't a click track. I needed a actual, simple click track and it was a career move trying to sort how it worked.
We are working up to a slightly more comprehensive version of the triangular box with swinging weight.

I'm on to it koz, but for contrast, see this App that calls itself a "metronome" / "Click Track": http://polynome.net/
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue May 02, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm on to it koz

I'm not complaining about speed of execution or development. I'm perfectly clear how hard this stuff is.

And that brings us 'round to the best way to listen for quality review in the field. I carry everything for these hikes on my back, so while I think those "Hollywood" Sony headphones are desirable, they're too big and bulky for a trip to Starbucks. Most earbuds I'll be generous and say are not up to the job. I did find an older design earbud that I like and a supplier of tiny foam covers. I can get remarkably close with that combination.

One would suggest the "deep" in-ear headphones are the way to go and I do have a set of those that works well, but getting them in and out is painful to me. Not crazy about associating pain with headphone use.

As we go.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 pm

http://polynome.net/

I don't think I have anything that will play it. I never updated my Air to Sierra, so it's still cranking along on OS-X before the Great OS-X/iOS Meld which caused so many problems.

I wonder if they took a cue from the GarageBand people. Getting GarageBand to make a simple, high quality recording is hard work. I eventually sorted it and then needed to go lie down.

I wonder how much of that is bending before the user wishes and how much is bending before the wishes of Marketing and Publicity.

Also see: Zoom H2 (terrific recorder) versus H2n (terrific advertising and promotion).

Am I to see if I like it? I can't help gazing longingly at the little wooden box with the swinging weight on the credenza.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Previous

Return to Adding Features to Audacity