Timing Correction Plug in. Does it exist?

Anything you think is missing, or needs enhancement, goes here.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Timing Correction Plug in. Does it exist?

Permanent link to this post Posted by DanJonesGuitarist » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:38 am

Hello Friends

I'm using Audacity to record my arrangements and compositions for classical guitar ensemble and I absolutely love it! Thank you!

When recording for 7 or 8 guitar parts on a time limit, it is almost impossible to get everything in time. In Mac's 'Garageband' there is a timing correction tool which allows you to link the audio notes to a given rhythm within a bpm. Does such a thing exist as a plug in for Audacity? At the moment, I'm making corrections by shifting individual notes where needed and it's very tedious and time consuming.

Thank you!

Dan
DanJonesGuitarist

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Timing Correction Plug in. Does it exist?

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am

DanJonesGuitarist wrote:n Mac's 'Garageband' there is a timing correction tool which allows you to link the audio notes to a given rhythm within a bpm. Does such a thing exist as a plug in for Audacity?

Not that I'm aware of. Certainly not built into Audacity, but I guess there could be third party effects.

Check that you have "latency correction" set up accurately (http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/latency_test.html)
When that is set up correctly, tracks will be accurately synchronised, providing of course that the tracks are played accurately in-time.

When recording overdubs, it is often helpful to work with a click track, and have that quite loud in your headphones while you play.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Adding Features to Audacity