Patches used in compiling Audaciity

Building and customizing Audacity from the source code.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Patches used in compiling Audaciity

Permanent link to this post Posted by cmjone » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:05 pm

In the instructions on how to compile Audacity, from Audacity/win/compile.txt, Step 3: Build wxWidgets/subsection 3.2/about the 4 patches is not clear. Do I just copy the folders Docs, Include, Interface and src in Audacity/win/wxWidgets_addition/wxWidgets-3.0.2 over to C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2? If I copy the folder Audacity/win/wxWidgets_addition/wxWidgets-3.0.2 over to C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2, it will create a folder wxWidgets-3.0.2 inside C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2. Please clarify.

Thanks.
cmjone

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Patches used in compiling Audaciity

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:01 pm

Personally I always copy the patched files one by one to the correct place, but I "think" dragging the four folders you mentioned into "C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\" would work too. I suspect the instructions may be wrong or unclear.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by cmjone » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Thank you Gale for the clarification. Now you arouse my curiosity. The four patched files are in C:\Audacity/win/wxWidgets_addition with the extension .diff. Do I place these 4 files somewhere? Please tell me where they should go. in C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2
cmjone

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:05 pm

cmjone wrote:The four patched files are in C:\Audacity/win/wxWidgets_addition with the extension .diff. Do I place these 4 files somewhere? Please tell me where they should go. in C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2

Those .diff files are meant to be used by GNU Patch for Windows or some other patching application to change the files specified in the diff according to the instructions in the diff.

Just putting the .diff files in the C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2 folder won't achieve anything.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Return to Compiling Audacity