Patches used in compiling Audaciity

In the instructions on how to compile Audacity, from Audacity/win/compile.txt, Step 3: Build wxWidgets/subsection 3.2/about the 4 patches is not clear. Do I just copy the folders Docs, Include, Interface and src in Audacity/win/wxWidgets_addition/wxWidgets-3.0.2 over to C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2? If I copy the folder Audacity/win/wxWidgets_addition/wxWidgets-3.0.2 over to C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2, it will create a folder wxWidgets-3.0.2 inside C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2. Please clarify.

Thanks.

Personally I always copy the patched files one by one to the correct place, but I “think” dragging the four folders you mentioned into "C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2" would work too. I suspect the instructions may be wrong or unclear.

Gale

Thank you Gale for the clarification. Now you arouse my curiosity. The four patched files are in C:\Audacity/win/wxWidgets_addition with the extension .diff. Do I place these 4 files somewhere? Please tell me where they should go. in C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2

Those .diff files are meant to be used by GNU Patch for Windows or some other patching application to change the files specified in the diff according to the instructions in the diff.

Just putting the .diff files in the C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2 folder won’t achieve anything.

Gale