how to create static build with audacity 1.2.6?

how to create static build with audacity 1.2.6?

Hi,

I’m trying to create a static build of Audacity 1.2.6 so that I can run it on a recent version of Ubuntu. I’ve been able to successfully build Audacity 1.2.6 by compiling it on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 running inside of a virtual machine. However, I’ve checked the output of ./configure --help, and I can’t find any options referring to static compilation. I think that in recent Audacity versions, one can use ./configure --enable-static to perform a static build, but I’m not sure whether this would also work on Audacity 1.2.6.

I’d appreciate any guidance anyone can offer as to how I can accomplish this. Thanks,

There is no technical support for Audacity 1.2.6 any longer. It is long obsolete. :wink:

For what purpose do you want to run 1.2.6? There may be a better solution than trying to force a native Linux Audacity 1.2.6 to run on modern Ubuntu. Why not just run 1.2.6 in the Dapper virtual machine?

If you must do it, a quicker solution may be to install Wine and then install the Windows version of Audacity 1.2.6 from http://www.oldfoss.com/Audacity.html.

Gale