Application will not start, Windows 8[SOLVED]

I have compiled wxWidgets2.8.12. I have successfully compiled the audacity code without errors using VS C++ 2008. But when I try to start the application, I get a dialog box stating that Audacity.exe was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). I’m not sure what’s causing this. I am able to install and successfully run pre-compiled audacity 2.0.5.

I’m sure I’m leaving out relevant information.

Where are you running Audacity from? If you are running it from the build folder, have you followed “MSVC++ STEP 7: Provide Access to the wxWidgets DLLs” in wincompile.txt by adding the correct wx* DLL’s for your build of Audacity?

Please attach an image of the error if it persists.

Gale

Yes, I am running it for the build directory and have copied the dlls to the build directory. I have attached a jpg of the error.
audacity.jpg

According to err.EXE ( http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/7/9/279ed965-1acb-4449-9054-46900909b401/Err.EXE ) that error is

STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED ntstatus.h
{Access Denied}
A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights.

Do you get the same error if you just double-click on Audacity.exe instead of running it from within Visual Studio?

Why were you compiling the debug version of Audacity?

Perhaps it would be easier to show extensions for known file types?

Gale

Thank you for helping!

Do you get the same error if you just double-click on Audacity.exe instead of running it from within Visual Studio?
Yes, same either way. I tried running app as admin since the error indicates permissions. Same error.

Why were you compiling the debug version of Audacity?
I compiled debug and release. Same error on both

Perhaps it would be easier to show extensions for known file types?
Sure, attaching new jpg of the release directory with error.

This isn’t any known Audacity problem. I would right-click over C:WindowsSysWOW64 > Properties, and look at the “Security” tab. Make sure all groups you are a member of have the “Allow” boxes checked.

If the problem persists, reboot into the admin account, delete the build folder, clean and rebuild.

Gale

I figured it out by using a process monitor app. The wx ddls that I copied into the Debug and Release directories needed the permissions changed. Similar to what Gale suggested for SysWOW64 , I right clicked on the files, selected properties, then security. I then clicked edit to modify the permissions.