Compile error analyze.ny

Since SVN r13054 i get this error:

make[2]: Entering directory /home/hains/audacity-read-only/src' cd .. && /bin/sh ./config.status src/configunix.h config.status: creating src/configunix.h config.status: src/configunix.h is unchanged make[2]: Leaving directory /home/hains/audacity-read-only/src’
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/hains/audacity-read-only/src' Making all in tests make[1]: Entering directory /home/hains/audacity-read-only/tests’
make[1]: Nothing to be done for all'. make[1]: Leaving directory /home/hains/audacity-read-only/tests’
make[1]: Entering directory /home/hains/audacity-read-only' make[1]: *** No rule to make target plug-ins/analyze.ny’, needed by all-am'. Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory /home/hains/audacity-read-only’
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
hains@hains-System-Product-Name:~/audacity-read-only$

r13053 was no problem. Ubuntu 14.04.

analyze.ny has recently been removed from the source code (it was just a demonstration/example plug-in with no practical value).
To ensure that you are starting with a clean source, run:

make distclean

then run:

autoreconf --no-recursive

to reconfigure the build options.

If you have a problem with the last command, try:

autoreconf --no-recursive -i

Note that autoreconf requires autoreconf 2.60 or later (should be available in your distro repository).

That did not work. But i removed analyze.ny in the makefile(root) row 524 and now itś compiling again.

Thanks, the removal of analyze.ny from Makefile.am has now been committed: http://code.google.com/p/audacity/source/detail?r=13057

Gale

Hello,
I just compiled Audacity for the first time, and had an issue concerning analyze.ny.
For Audacity to build without failing, I had to remove analyze.ny from the plug-ins folder in the Audacity VC++ project.

If you are using the current SVN checkout, analyze.ny is not present.

I may be confused since I am new to the project. I see that the file analyze.ny is no longer present, but it seems that the Audacity project still has a reference to it.
I’ve attached a file which is a diff between the working base with the analyze reference, and what I had to change to make it work for myself.

Analyze.ny has not yet been removed from the Windows MSVC project files, so as frenchfries says, Audacity won’t compile on Windows without that change.

If someone doesn’t notice it soon, I’ll remind them/suggest a patch.

Gale

Also, there is a reference to analyze.ny in the makefile.in file.
Should all references to analyze.ny be removed?

I’ve prompted the developers about this, but it was only about 48 hours ago that analyze.ny was removed. References in the various build systems are being removed.

Audacity.vcproj has now been updated.