recording plays slower than should be

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.3.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.0.x package for your distribution or compile Audacity from the source code.

recording plays slower than should be

Permanent link to this post Posted by haussler » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:06 pm

hello,

Im trying to record audio from a websites integrated player to my HD. it sounds fine streamed through the player but once its recorded with Audacity, the file plays about 10% slower than normal. I can speed it up by going into 'effect/change speed' on the toolbar, but I just wondered why that might happen?

info:
Audacity 1.3.7 (soundtouch uninstalled as it really screwed everything up).
slackware 12.2
playback device = ALSA default
recording device = hw:0,0 (my soundcard)

as far as Im aware, all other options are the same as when installed. CPU and memory seem ok, not maxed.
haussler

Re: recording plays slower than should be

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:30 am

haussler wrote:hello,

Im trying to record audio from a websites integrated player to my HD. it sounds fine streamed through the player but once its recorded with Audacity, the file plays about 10% slower than normal. I can speed it up by going into 'effect/change speed' on the toolbar, but I just wondered why that might happen?

info:
Audacity 1.3.7 (soundtouch uninstalled as it really screwed everything up).
slackware 12.2
playback device = ALSA default
recording device = hw:0,0 (my soundcard)

as far as Im aware, all other options are the same as when installed. CPU and memory seem ok, not maxed.

Try using a project rate in Audacity that is the same as a rate supported by your sound card. Report to Slackware if problems persist because they supplied the Audacity package, not us (the current Audacity released code is at 1.3.9). If you are not already doing so, stick to recording only one or two channels.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Re: recording plays slower than should be

Permanent link to this post Posted by haussler » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Gale, just to let you know that I reinstalled a stock Slackware 12.2, and Audacity now works perfectly :D

I think it was the soundtouch package that I had downloaded which was the problem the first time around.

I have now recorded and edited the audio that I need, so thanks very much to you Gale, and to the other Audacity devs for this useful software.
haussler

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like