Add Echo to voice and not to backing track

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.3.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.0.x version.

The final version of Audacity for Windows 98/ME is the legacy 2.0.0 version.

Add Echo to voice and not to backing track

Permanent link to this post Posted by Vishal Verma » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:49 am

how can I record my song with a karaoke track, pls. let me know when I connect mic and give echo effect to my voice it also echos the karaoke track which I dont want. I want only mic voice to be echoed and I want to record my song. Please let me know -Vishal
Vishal Verma

Re: Add Echo to voice and not to backing track

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:17 am

As this is a new question I've split it to a new topic. For reference, when starting a new topic please click the "New Topic" button in the section of the forum that is appropriate to your Audacity version and operating system. For example, if you are using Audacity 1.3.13 on Windows, go here and click on the "New Topic" button.

To apply an effect to only the vocal, you need the vocal to be on a different Audacity track to the backing music.
Depending on the format of your backing track you may be able to import it into Audacity. If the backing track is on a karaoke CD, you could record the backing track from your karaoke player into Audacity.
When the backing track has been imported or recorded, record your vocal. Your vocal will then be on a new track and you can add effects to it without affecting the backing track.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Return to Windows