Audacity + guitar rig 3 or 4

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.3.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.0.x version.

The final version of Audacity for Windows 98/ME is the legacy 2.0.0 version.

Audacity + guitar rig 3 or 4

Permanent link to this post Posted by Misfer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi there!

I have guitar rig and also I have audacity 1.3 beta unicode now I need to know how to record my music or how to use guitar rig as a plugin on audacity ?
Misfer

Re: Audacity + guitar rig 3 or 4

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Guitar Rig will probably not work correctly as a plug-in with Audacity. For this functionality you should ideally use a host program that fully supports VST, real-time processing, and ASIO (for example, Cubase, Sonar, Reaper...)

You may be able to record the output of Guitar Rig if you set up the standalone version to use "direct sound" or "Multimedia" drivers (see the Guitar Rig manual for details). You would then need to set Audacity to record from "Stereo Mix" (if it is available on your computer - many modern Windows computers have this feature permanently disabled, but see here for details: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mixer ... trol_Panel )

If you are unable to use Guitar Rig directly with Audacity, then you can still make the raw recording in another program, then Save or Export the recording from that program as a WAV file, then Import the WAV file into Audacity for editing and processing.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Misfer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:58 pm

steve wrote:Guitar Rig will probably not work correctly as a plug-in with Audacity. For this functionality you should ideally use a host program that fully supports VST, real-time processing, and ASIO (for example, Cubase, Sonar, Reaper...)

You may be able to record the output of Guitar Rig if you set up the standalone version to use "direct sound" or "Multimedia" drivers (see the Guitar Rig manual for details). You would then need to set Audacity to record from "Stereo Mix" (if it is available on your computer - many modern Windows computers have this feature permanently disabled, but see here for details: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mixer ... trol_Panel )

If you are unable to use Guitar Rig directly with Audacity, then you can still make the raw recording in another program, then Save or Export the recording from that program as a WAV file, then Import the WAV file into Audacity for editing and processing.

Can I use guitar rig only to record music? if I can how?
Misfer

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:47 am

I couldn't get the instructions to tell me clearly anything about the basic operation of the program. We'd be asking you since you actually own it.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by westaussie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:39 am

I use Audacity 1.3.13. to directly record the output from guitar rig 4 via Audiobox USB. Works brilliantly.

Guitar/mike is plugged into Audiobox, Guitar rig 4 is loaded, USB cable is attached to Audiobox and computer, headphones are plugged into the back of Audiobox. I then create the sound I want in Guitar rig, then plug a 1/4" lead into the L speaker output on audiobox which goes to the microphone input on the computor (using a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor). Voila! Audacity is recording in real time exactly as it sounds going through guitar rig.

The recording input setting in audacity is the microphone in line, the output is sent to the Audiobox(Presonus) and monitored through the headphones.

Using guitar rig as a direct feed works better for me than applying effects afterwards by using it as a plug in.
westaussie

Return to Windows