How Do I Combine Tracks?

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.3.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.0.x version.

The final version of Audacity for Windows 98/ME is the legacy 2.0.0 version.

How Do I Combine Tracks?

Permanent link to this post Posted by phoenixrising92 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 pm

I have an audio recording of a speech that is split into multiple tracks. I need to combine the tracks into one long audio file to post it on a website. Any suggestions?
phoenixrising92

Re: How Do I Combine Tracks?

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:01 am

I assume that you mean one after the other - and not all playing at the same time (Audacity can do either).

In which case, just select each track in turn and move it along the timeline to the required position using the Time Shift Tool (icon is a horizontal line with an arrowhead at each end), test and then export to your required format WAV/MP3/whatever.

And don't forget to revert to the normal Selection Tool (I-beam icon) after using the Time Shift.

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *Donate * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by phoenixrising92 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Worked fine, thanks.
phoenixrising92

Permanent link to this post Posted by ewdrums » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:18 pm

i have a 4 track recorder and have input them into audacity, i want to combine them and export them do you mind telling me how?
ewdrums

Permanent link to this post Posted by Ctrl+N » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 pm

You should always start your own thread rather than resurrecting a really old one like this.

This is especially true if what you want is different from what the original poster wanted. I suspect you want to make a multichannel wave file. So just put Multi-Channel in the subject line of a new thread.
Ctrl+N

Return to Windows