audiobox USB

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.3.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.0.x version.

The final version of Audacity for Windows 98/ME is the legacy 2.0.0 version.

audiobox USB

Permanent link to this post Posted by johnnyo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:38 pm

I have a Presonus USB interface with 2 ins & 2 outs.. Can someone tell me how to configure Audacity so I can get Input 1 to record to Track 1, & input 2 to record to track 2?? I would like my vocals via XLR input 1 to go to track 1, & my guitar Input 2 to go to Track 2..
Thanks in advance..
johnnyo

Re: audiobox USB

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 pm

As you have posted in the "Compiling Audacity" section we have no idea which version of Audacity you are using, or what operating system (and your question has nothing to do with compiling Audacity). If you can fill in some details then someone may be able to offer some help.
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by johnnyo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Audacity, 1.3.11 Beta, operating system Windows 7, sorry about the wrong section. this is my first post, can you please tell where I should post this??
johnnyo

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 pm

I've moved this topic to the "Audacity 1.3.x / Windows" part of the forum (you can find the various forum sections from the index page)

You should update to Audacity 1.3.12 as it contains some important bug fixes. You can download it from here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
If you previously installed Audacity into the default location you can upgrade by simply installing the new version over the top of the old one.

To record 2 tracks at the same time, you first need to ensure that Windows 7 is configured for 2 channel (stereo) recording.
Right click over the speaker icon in the System Tray > Recording Devices.
Right click on the recording device that corresponds to the Presonus USB interface.
In the "Properties", set the recording format to "16 bit 44100 Hz 2 channel Stereo (CD Quality)".

When that is set, open Audacity (restart Audacity if it was already open)
Go to "Edit menu > Preferences > Devices" and select the Presonus USB interface as the recording device and set the number of channels to "2 (stereo)".

When you record, the first audio input on the Presonus should record to the upper channel of the stereo pair and the 2nd input to the lower channel.
You can split the stereo pair by clicking on the name of the recorded track, and from the drop down menu, select "Split to Mono".
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Return to Windows