How to Layer Background Music to Speaking audio

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.3.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.0.x version.

The final version of Audacity for Windows 98/ME is the legacy 2.0.0 version.

How to Layer Background Music to Speaking audio

Permanent link to this post Posted by ilcaa » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Very new to audacity. I create motivational mp3's.

I have created the speaking portion of the mp3. Now i want to add background music to the speaking portion. I want to control the volume at which it plays at different times and how the music gradually fades in and out (at different volume levels) to the speaking portion. I just am unsure what "effects" I should play with or what it is even called?

if someone can give me the names of this effect i can look it up, or if there is a link to a forum topic that explains how to accomplish this, please forward. Ask questions if i am unclear in my explanation.

thnks
ilcaa

Re: How to Layer Background Music to Speaking audio

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:21 pm

ilcaa wrote:Now i want to add background music

File menu > Import > Audio

ilcaa wrote:I want to control the volume at which it plays at different times and how the music gradually fades in and out (at different volume levels) to the speaking portion.

You can do this manually using the "Envelope Tool". The Envelope tool lets you adjust the relative volume of tracks over time. Just select the envelope tool (the one with the two white diamonds pointing towards a center control point) and click on a track. You can also select the Envelope tool by pressing the F2 key. (F1 key selects the normal "Selection" tool).

There is also an "Auto Duck" effect that may be useful: http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.ph ... =Auto_Duck
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Return to Windows