JLay wrote:I have the two audio pieces saved as MP3 files separately and I want to join them so that one is preceded by the other.
1) Open Audacity - (gives an empty Audacity project window)
2) Import both audio files - (you now have 2 tracks, one below the other).
3) Press the F5 key at the top of the keyboard (selects the "Time Shift" tool and the mouse pointer will become a double pointed arrow when it is over a track).
4) Click with the left mouse button on one of the tracks, and while holding down the button, drag the track to the right.
By clicking and dragging with the Time Shift tool you can position the tracks so that one starts at the beginning (it's original position) and the other track begins when the first one ends.
Press the F1 key to go back to the normal "Select Tool" ("I" shaped cursor when over a track).
5) When you have the tracks in the right place, play the entire thing (Press the "Rewind" Button, then the "Play" button - or using the keyboard "Home" Key then "Spacebar").
When you are happy with it, select "Export" from the File menu. The two tracks will be automagically mixed together into a single combined file.