I can't choose which method to record my audio

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.2.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.1.x version.

The final version of Audacity for Windows 98/ME is the legacy 2.0.0 version.

I can't choose which method to record my audio

Permanent link to this post Posted by mrnisha2012 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:44 am

When I'm on audacity there should be at least 3 options to get audio to record :
1.mic
2.stereo
3.mono

but the box that contaisn these three options is unclickable man what can i do it looks like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq8UTI4t4EA
mrnisha2012

Operating System: Please select

Re: I can't choose which method to record my audio

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:56 pm

I deleted your duplicate post in which you asked the same question. Please only post once. We do always reply to posts in English. I moved this to the 1.2 board for Windows since you are using 1.2.

If you have selected the wrong recording device in the Preferences in Audacity 1.2 (for example a USB device), there may be no choice of inputs for that device. This will make Mixer Toolbar empty.

It looks like you are on Windows XP, so I suggest you upgrade to 1.3.14
http://audacity.googlecode.com/files/au ... 1.3.14.exe .

In 1.3.14, all connected devices and all the listed inputs for your built-in sound device will appear in Device Toolbar.

To make sure the built-in sound device is listing all the possible inputs, please go to the Windows Control Panel:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mixer ... ssues#xpcp .

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by mrnisha2012 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm

but you don't get it , It happened in three different computers of my family . they all work fine until this bug happens , it always happens by it self even though I have chose the right settings for recording !
mrnisha2012

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:16 am

mrnisha2012 wrote:but you don't get it , It happened in three different computers of my family . they all work fine until this bug happens , it always happens by it self even though I have chose the right settings for recording !

Unfortunately, we are not interested in Audacity 1.2 as it will be superseded in the near future.

Did you install Audacity 1.3.14?

Did you enable all the inputs in Windows as described? Please list all the inputs available in Windows "Sounds and Audio Devices" when you click "Volume" in the "Sound Recording" panel. Then list the inputs that are available in the Device Toolbar in 1.3.14. We'll take it from there.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Alan Meeker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I can't open the input choice window . I'm using a mike into the USB. I don't get enough volume with the playback selector up full. Playback is very low with my speaker up full.
Input and output volume are my main problem ! Help ! Another broblem is with "tutorials" that don't match the Audacity equipment that I have. It takes a lot of guess-work to control things.
Alan Meeker

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Alan Meeker wrote:Another broblem is with "tutorials" that don't match the Audacity equipment that I have.

Much of the documentation has been written since development of the 1.2.x series ended, so it refers to the 1.3.x series.
Audacity 1.3.14 for Windows can be downloaded from here: http://audacityteam.org/download/beta_windows
I've been using the 1.3 series for something like 5 years, so I can assure you that it has been very thoroughly tested and is far superior and less problematic than the old 1.2.6 version.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Windows