Audacity for dummies??

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.2.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.0.x version.

Audacity for dummies??

Permanent link to this post Posted by robbull » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:24 pm

I need help getting started & using Audacity. I am completely clueless about recording or any of this stuff. I'm all set up but I'm having trouble just simply recording tracks. I just need this for VO tracks. Is there a guide for dummies anywhere that is really specific w/ instructions?
I see all the wiki guides but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to use Audacity to record VO tracks. I need very simple step-by-step instructions on how to use this. I have recorded a test track but that's it. I can't figure out how to record another track! ha. I can't even figure out how to delete the test one I did.

I need simple step-by-step instructions for:
- checking to see if my levels are set correct
- recording a track
- saving or deleting it
- saving as an mp3
- etc .....

Is there a set of easy instructions somewhere? Maybe I'm an idiot but the links on Audacity's site still don't clarify to me how the heck to use this application. By the way- I use a MAC.

Thanks-
robbull

Re: Audacity for dummies??

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 pm

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual- ... rials.html

That's as basic as it gets. Maybe when you get good at it, you can write a better tutorial or class or more of them. There's no corporation back here -- it's all volunteers, so what you/we contribute is what's available.

If the very idea horrifies you, then you know why there aren't more of them around.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by T the K » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Koz, thank you for this link!

I downloaded Audacity 1.2.6 for Windows today and have no idea what to do next. Somewhere I read that a manual can be downloaded. I inquired about it in a different post. Maybe this is the manual. At least this is a place for me to start. I hope to record cassettes to CDs.

Thanks again.
T the K

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:26 am

T the K

you may want to look at the resources available from this page: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *Donate * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Return to General Feedback and Discussion