10-15 second static sound during recording

This section is now closed.

Audacity 1.2.x is now obsolete. Please use the current Audacity 2.1.x version.

10-15 second static sound during recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by carlos_jr87 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm

I am having a problem with my recordings that I was not previously having. I recorded several mixes a few months ago and I was not having this problem at all.

I have a Vestax mixer connected to two technics turntables and serato sl1 (which does not have a recoding function). I previously recorded using a cable from my line out in my mixer to a line in in my usb computer sound card. The sound card is not internal its usb. It worked really well for several mixes, then recently after one recoding that was about an hour long I heard segments of 10-15 second static. The music and vocals still sound normal but the static is in the background. Then it goes away and everything goes back to normal. 10-20 minutes later in the mix then the static sounds again. I cant do Noise Removal on this static because I cant never get it to appear by itself. It always comes over vocals or music. Doing noise removal would eliminate music from the mix. Can I get some help. I am not sure if its the computer, the external soundcard, serato, my turntables or the software itself.
carlos_jr87

Operating System: Please select

Re: 10-15 second static sound during recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I don't know that I follow that exactly, but you can get noises like that if you go through a USB hub anywhere. Audio hates doing that. Do you use external USB hard drives in the system? Audio doesn't think too highly of that, either.
Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to General Feedback and Discussion